Saturday 14 February 2015

Catching up with my Index cards with another review!

Warning! over the next week I will be posting lots of reviews. Throughout the last year every time I have completed an in the hoop project I have printed out an index card with the details on it as a way of keeping a note of what i have done/hints tips etc relating to its stitch out.

Here's what i mean:


So i will be hoping to post hopefully at least one review daily for a short time until i'm up to date (when my kids allow it of course!)


I'm going to continue with the easter theme and today I chose one of my favourite, quick stitching, in the hoop projects to review.

-CHOCOLATE BUNNY PLUSHIE-

Created and developed by:  Bobbin For Appliques (http://bobbinforappliques-com.3dcartstores.com/)

Cost: $6.50 (US)

Embroidered on: Husqvarna Topez 20

Size Available: 4x4, 5x7, 6x10, 8x8, and 12x12

Instructions: Yes

Skill level: Beginner to advanced (Very basic design would be a great first in the hoop project!)

Time taken: 20min for the 5x7 after fabric is cut out. 

This bunny is a very basic yet highly marketable in the hoop design. It was one of the very first items I made in the hoop and I had no trouble at all. Upon opening up the instructions you do notice that there is no pictures but trust me you wont need them. Instructions are clear and it even tells you when to add the monogram or name so you don't have to guess when the best time is. I find this designer great and although I didn't have any questions about this bunny I have found Heather in the past to be helpful and easy to contact.

I made quite a few of the 5x7 designs of this bunny and they measured 23cm high, had fleece on one side and 100% cotton on the other.You could however use whatever fabric you wanted. I also loved that you could skip adding on the eye and make it a silhouette bunny. One tip that i will mention is when cutting around the bunny before turning (and this goes for all in the hoop projects not just this one) either cut with pinking shears or don't cut too close to the stitching edge. This will ensure when stuffing for a stiffer plushie that the cotton wont come away from the edge causing a hole.  This project is great for all those fat quarters which you have that don't quite match other fabrics, the brighter the better!


Aren't they cute!!!

NOTE: I am in no way affiliated or paid by the creator for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment