Saturday 14 February 2015

In the hoop review

Kids are tucked up in bed, coffee is on and I have a few hours to review one of the many in the hoop products that I have purchased over the years. Now before I start I want to point out that I am by no means a writer so if you are super fussy by miniscule spelling errors and incorrect sentence structure, I apologize now! I want this blog to be as easy to read as possible so i have kept it simple.

PEEK-A-BOO BUNNY

Created and developed by: A creative medley (http://www.acreativemedley.com/)

Cost: $7.99

Embroidered on: Husqvarna Topez 20

Size Available: 4x4, 5x7, 6x10, 7x11, 8x14, 8.8" square

Instructions: Yes

Would i buy again and recommend this pattern: Yes

Skill level: Beginner to advanced as there is lots of pictures and i found the creator to respond and be extremely helpful in answering questions/advice.

 

With Easter approaching i thought i would start by reviewing this cute peek-a-boo style bunny. An egg which turns into a cute adorable bunny what could be more awesome. Upon opening the instructions i find lots of pictures (Yay, says the visual learner in me!) I also find a separate file with the amount of fabric to cut (double yay). Choosing the type of fabric for these adorable guys is a bit harder as i want it easy to turn for my littlies hands but i also want it tight, not saggy looking. After paroling her Facebook fan group page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ACreativeMedley/) I find lots of hints and tips. I decided to do a mix of cotton and fleece. (A tip for beginners my machine JUST made it over the fleece and cotton in the final steps so i wouldn't recommend using a heavy weight fleece or doing this project all in fleece.)

I find the instructions to be brilliant...lots of pictures, easy to follow steps and tips (which stops me from making a few errors as i like to sometimes go rogue and skip ahead). It takes me on my first go around 45min after cutting out the fabric but i can see i would be able to go quicker after i have a few under my belt.

My little guy turns out almost perfect first go. I didn't use heat and bond lite on the accents so found them to be a bit wrinkly so would definitely use it next time as recommended by the creator. I also feel i need to stuff him more. I used editing software (Embird 2010) to add on a year to his foot. Another thing that i liked was that i was able to choose a "lite" stitched version or a completely "filled" version for the bunny's feet. It would mean I could create him quicker and use less thread if I wanted to.






Edited to add better pics as the sun came out :)


NOTE: I am in no way affiliated or paid by the creator for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment