Wednesday 18 February 2015

Love Monster and Ink Monster

Every year down under in Australia I notice that the celebrations of Halloween get bigger and more popular. Last year I decided to have a kids Halloween party. I wanted to give each child something to take home and needed it to be something that was suitable to the wide range of ages that I had coming to the party as well as quick to stitch (Me and my last minuteness!). I chose two types of In The Hoop monsters and thought i would write up a review on each as still to this day some of those kids proudly run up and show me there loved monsters.

-Love Monster-

Purchased design, created and developed by: Savvy Stitches applique (http://www.savvystitchesapplique.com/store/)

Cost: $6.00 (US)

Embroidered on: Husqvarna Topez 20

Size Available: 4X4, 5X7 small, 5X7, 6X10, 7X12

Instructions: Yes (Numbered, clear and in color)

Skill level: Beginner to advanced

Time taken: 40 min (5x7 size) after fabric cut out

Stabilizer used: Poly-mesh cutaway. (I have also done these with medium tear away but have found that i needed to reinforce the eyes due to a denser stitch in this area). You will also need some water soluble stabilizer just so your stitches don't sink into the fabric.

The Love monster by Savvy stitches has been a popular design in the world of embroidery. This was a fun design to stitch out as I loved varying the colors and fabrics for all my little monsters. Upon opening up the instructions you see that there are nice big pictures stepping you through each element. I chose to use fleece as the main fabric but you can  really use anything you like. The eyes I chose to do with felt underlay. The only other fabric choice to make is the gorgeous little heart on the bottom. This Plushie was an easy and quick stitch out. There was no real tips with this one as it was pretty straight forward. I did need to use my software stitch out preview button with the eyes just so i knew which part it was going to fill stitch first out of the iris and pupil. If you make a note of it the first time you do it then it will be a breeze next time around. I also added a name to the bottom of a few of mine (Done in Embird 2010)

-INK the Monster-

Purchased design, created and developed by: E and Me designs (http://www.eandmedesigns.com/shop)

Cost: $8.00 (US)

Embroidered on: Husqvarna Topez 20

Size Available: 4×4, 5×7, 6×10, 7×12, 8×12

Instructions: Yes (pictures clear and in color)

Skill level: Beginner to advanced

Time taken: 35 min (5x7 size) after fabric cut out

Stabilizer used: I used medium weight tear away. You will also need some water soluble stabilizer just so your stitches don't sink into the fabric. 

I'm going to admit something really embarrassing. I never knew why this cute little guy was called INK until i did this review. For those that don't know, this adorable monster has three 'Ink' spots stitched on the bottom of him. LOVE IT! So INK is another easy plushie to stitch out. The instructions have pictures which are easy to follow and understand. There is only really two main elements of this monster the eye and the mouth. The larger eye part and the mouth are both done as an applique keeping it quick to stitch. The inner eye is filled stitch with a cute little white of the eye dot done as well. I did all mine in fleece but i love the fur fabric as well (Just don't forget to use the water solvy for the ink dots).  Here's my version of INK

These were all my Halloween monsters ready for their new homes. I also had an adopt a monster certificate for each child to name and date!

  Thanks for reading. Don't forget to like my Facebook Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment