Thursday 19 February 2015

Swaddled Baby Bunny In The Hoop Design

New for 2015 this is another Easter bunny softie/plushie which I think will be popular.

Created and developed by: Bobbin for Applique (http://www.bobbinforappliques.com/)

Made exclusively for: Create Kids Couture (BUY HERE)

Cost: $9.00 (US)

Embroidered on: Husqvarna Topaz 20

Size Available: 4x4, 5x7, 6x10 and 7x12

Instructions: Yes (pictures clear and in color- It is a generic one of the swaddled bear baby but the instructions are the same for the bunny)

Skill level: Beginner to advanced

Time taken: 45 min (6x10 size) after fabric cut out

Stabilizer used: I used medium weight tear away. You will also need some water soluble stabilizer just so your stitches don't sink into the fabric for the face. 

 

The first part of this design is to embroider the ears. Following the instructions this is just a basic process. I decided to do my ears in a medium weight fleece and had no problems with the thickness.

Next you do the main part of the bunny. Once again by following the instructions it's easy to see what each step entails and how to do it. The nose on the bunny is different from the instructions but its just a simple applique (Without the satin stitching around it) so don't forget to choose a material which wont fray for this such as felt. One of the things I like about the instructions is that it shows you how to attach fabric which has a dimensional fabric as this is often when I tend to get things upside down or the wrong way around but i got it first go!

My only error when stitching this out was when attaching the ears of the bunny. I placed mine down flat but i think they would look better and give them more shape if you pinch them slightly so they make a ridge in the middle of the ear part. I could of also perhaps used a contrast fabric for the little blanket bit on the side, however my 20 month old loved it and my 5yr old is hanging out for hers so I think its a definite winner!! I will definitely be offering these for sale to my friends, quick, easy and cuddly :)

My adorable 20 month old with 'bunny'


Please don't forget to like my facebook page to continue to see more In the hoop embroidery reviews :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment